Date(s) - 09/27/2014
Grab your scissors and join us for an old-time Stake Sewing Bee on Sat. Sept. 27th from 6-8pm in the Boston Stake Center, 150 Brown St. Weston, MA. The General Women’s Broadcast will begin at 8pm. This event is for all RS, YW and Primary girls 8+.
- Make a quilt square for our “Sisters of Boston” quilt.
- Learn or teach someone how to sew a button and a hem.
- Learn how to make yogurt and how to pickle veggies.
- Order food storage from the storehouse. Order forms are available HERE, and will be available that night. Bring a checkbook if you want to place an order. Orders will be delivered to the ward buildings for pick-up.
- Gather information on winter storm readiness and 72-hour kits.
- Collection of new toys and art supplies for parent visit sites within the foster care system. At our stake women’s conference, we introduced Massachusetts Foster Care as the organization we would focus on serving this year. To continue the “penny” part of the Sewing and Penny Society, we passed out small glass jars. We invited RS sisters to save their “pennies,” and to use them to purchase toys or art supplies for donation to the foster care organization. These are used in foster care visiting sites, where parents meet to visit with their children under supervision, in preparation for the children to be removed from foster care and returned to their families. These centers have an urgent need for toys and art supplies for the children to use during their visiting time. The toys and art supplies will be collected and organized by our Primary girls! We will not be collecting any money that evening– just the donated toys and art supplies.
- “Instant Choir” with our Primary girls.
* Sewing machines should arrive by 5:45pm for set up. If you bring a sewing machine, you can stay with it through the activity. No one else will use your machine unless you invite them to. You may bring thread in any color, or we will have some available.
Bookings are closed for this event.